Log post: Moena's Adventure in Reality

Log Post: Moena's Adventure in Reality
Hello Wanderer! Would You Like To Join Me In My Adventures & Discoveries in The World of Reality?
15/3/11 : Moena has changed her Blog Layout. Nice? ^-^

Monday, February 6, 2012

Chap Goh Meh 2012

It's Chap Goh Meh festival today (6 Feb 2012), marking the 15th Day, the last day of Chinese New Year celebration. Some say it was the Chinese's valentine's day. Normally on this day there would also be a feast with good food. Ok, I only remember about the food part. There would be 'Tang Yuan' for desserts which symbolises unity, a dessert taking on such occasion. I was not with my family so I kinda felt left out. As my valentine was busy with his new Mac Book and was too tired to wait for me for a chat due to me having classes, I took this as an opportunity, think positive and went exploring at the shops around the streets after my class, in search of something special to cook. Well well, look what I found!

Udon! In fresh packs! Not the instant noodle types. It's only 2 pounds with 3 individual packets inside, comes with seasonings! 

The individual packets. I ate one of them already when I took this pic :3







This is the result! I even bought some leeks, chopped some carrots and celery to go with it. It was delicious!

And some grilled chickens in case I'm still hungry. 

Well, I think 1 packet of udon is too much for dinner. I forgot Udon is quite filling. I didn't get to finish my chicken drumstick. At least I get to eat something special and nice this chap goh meh~! Though I miss okasan's cooking, kiu nyuk, and tang yuan. That's all folks~!

Food loving Moena, signing off~! :D~

No comments:

Post a Comment