I have never cook pesto pasta before so I don't really know the correct method. BUT! I have youtube as my Sensei! XD
Here's how I do it, the lazy way! XD
- Cook spaghetti and rinse away the water.
- Cook the pesto sauce (chopped garlic, green pepper, ready mix tesco pesto sauce, mashed potato, 2 slices of cheese, black pepper, salt, vinegar, a little sugar).
- Rinse the pasta, then add olive oil to prevent it from sticking.
- When the sauce is ready, put the pasta onto the sauce in the pan to stir+fry a bit.
- Serve on raw lettuce. Done!
I actually mixed the ingredients from a few videos and also cheated by using ready made pesto sauce :P
Bon apetite~! I already ate halfway before I remember to take any pic :X
Oh yea, forgot to put my mashed potato recipe. Here it is:
- Peel potatoes (lots of them!)
- Cut into small size, about 1.5cm X 2cm X 2cm (don't need to be exact)
- Boil them for 15-20 mins~ until they are all very very soft!
- Rinse the water, then smashed them properly. Use beater if you have one. I don't, so I wasted my 20 mins smashing it with a fork.
- Put them back into the pot, add a bit of the rinsed water to cook it smoother.
- Add butter, about 3 big spoons (depends on how many potatoes you have, I had about 700g potatoes)
- Add Sour Cream. I bought it for £1 at Saintsbury's. You can use normal cream if you don't like sour stuffs. Cook with low to medium flame
- Add 2 slices of cheddar cheese. Parmesan cheese would do too.
- Add salt.
- Add chicken/vegetable stock, 1/4 cube would do. Keep stirring and adding water to make sure it's smooth. Done!!!
I cooked a lot of mashed potatoes and pesto pasta to keep in the fridge. I can eat it anytime or just bring as bento to sch~ The mashed potatoes can be eaten cold, I'm having it as dessert sometimes, just like any ice-cream!
Have fun Cooking~! (-^∀°-)
+ Moena signing off +