Log post: Moena's Adventure in Reality

Log Post: Moena's Adventure in Reality
Hello Wanderer! Would You Like To Join Me In My Adventures & Discoveries in The World of Reality?
15/3/11 : Moena has changed her Blog Layout. Nice? ^-^

Monday, October 29, 2012

Original Quote

I was talking to my sis the other day in church.... because the topic of the conversation, I told her

"Pride is the root of sin."

and she also thinks it was a great quote. And I told her that I came up with it :3

It's something I realized from analyzing things happening and why some people become who they are and why their actions are so sinful even though many of them are Christians. We fall, we are not perfect, we make mistakes. However, I do realise something which happens in lots of cases where the actions of sin came from. And then I realsied Mr.Satan loooooves to play on our PRIDE.

I originally just to put this quote on my skype because someone dear to me is a prideful person so it's to warn him. Some of my friends also notice this quote and told me during lectures that they thought it is true.

Pride brings forth unreasonable bad anger, desire to be better than others (desire for money / fame / material) and it prevents you from listening to others, especially God when he tries to reach you. Because of pride, you put yourself on top of everything. When you see others who are better at you or have things you wanted or just being happier than you, you will somehow feel some dislike towards that person's achievement and success. By not having what you see others have, it will bring forth envy. Envy, if not careful, will grow into hate. It will also cause unsatisfactory feeling inside you. Soon hate and / or disatisfaction will cause you to do reckless sinful things in life such as revenge, cheat, betray, steal, kill etc... name all the sins.

That's all I have to say. Sometimes knowledge is power. By knowing the consequences of sin and fearing them, you can prevent sin. So once you feel pride creeping inside you, tell yourself to think of only the good things. Tell yourself it's time to be humble ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment